Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Most Profitable Poker Ever

Florida recently opened up from $2 bet max to $5 bet max as well as opening $1/2 No-Limit. At the local cardroom in Jasper, the place suddenly got extrememly busy. On my first trip back after the change, I had to wait an hour just for a seat! I haven't sat down at the 1/2 No Limit, but I've heard stories and I've seen stacks. Rednecks/Young Guns love the All-in and there are people busting out left and right. Monster chip stacks in front of people that are playing on a wing and a prayer. People are dropping 3-400 a trip and other people are cashing out a Grand in the plus only a few hours later. It's completely sic.

I plan to play as soon as possible and hopefully before all the people dropping off money figure out they might not be as good at this game as their home game leads them to beleive. The problem is that I need an extra large bankroll to play right in this game. NL is swingy as is, but when you're playing with a table full of people that overbet, overvalue, and love to bluff, you're going to experience extra large swings. The volatility should be through the roof and even if you play far better, you will sometimes hit a downswing full of suckouts that could cause you to lose several hundred.

Working my bankroll up to the amount I need to have will also give me time to work on things that will be effective in that game such as pot control.

Right now there are internet pros in Florida making a killing playing as low as 1/2. It's like releasing only a few sharks among thousands of fish. Utopia. If Florida completely opens up the limits, it will attract a new tourist - Pros.

Florida will EASILY be the most profitable place in the world to play poker. At least until the sharks swarm in.

No comments: