Friday, December 29, 2006

My Single Favorite Line

It's always nice to lose all the small pots and win all the big ones. My single favorite occurance in Limit poker is flopping a flush draw from early position on a loose table, raising against several opponents when I have the equity to do so and having a player from late position such as the button re-raise me, trapping the whole table for another bet. When I see that it's go time, that's the green light, time to ram and jam the pot and trap most of the table for a full cap. I will lose with my draw about two-thirds of the time, but when the flush hits I'll win a big massive pot. The play is also deceptive against the casual/bad player because you began raising before the flush hit. They'll often not be able to put you on a flush when it hits and anyone that makes a smaller flush (if you're with big cards) will lose the maximum to you. It's just feels nice to drag a pot about 4x the size of the average pot.

Most of the time, the best way to play isn't to try to win every pot, just try to win the big ones.

Check in next week where I'll be discussing the reason 90% of cash game players are terrible. If you find yourself fitting the description, you'll be able to improve your cash game drastically and if you are already a very good player, you can take full advantage of that 90%. I haven't seen it discussed anywhere else so don't miss it.

No comments: